A case on how in 15 months of systematic work with a small budget you can:
- Increase search traffic by 11 times
- Bring to TOP3 – 55%, TOP10 – 83% of keywords from commercial pages
- Find new points of growth for the project
What’s at the start?
Start of work 10.2018
The client is MEDICALASER, a national manufacturer of cosmetology and laser equipment.
Project – online store of laser equipment of its own production
Task on the project:
Getting TOP in google Ukraine for priority 9 categories. Increase targeted traffic.
The main difficulties of the niche:
- Narrow niche with little traffic
- High cost of goods – long purchase
- In the top there are large, “wider” online stores selling various equipment for cosmetology, beauty salons, hairdressing salons, tanning salons
- On the landing pages of competitors there is a large number of products of various brands, while we have only one brand on the site and in some categories there are quite a few products
After a technical audit, we found and fixed a whole list of problems:
- moved to https
- set up redirects from duplicate pages
- made CNC for all pages
- closed from indexing pages with get-parameters (sorting, pagination, filtering, search, service pages)
- added commercial factors
- worked on the formation of headings for all types of pages (removed the cross-cutting headings h2 and h3, replaced the product name from h2 to h1 in categories)
- implemented microformats for bread crumbs and goods
- improved the speed of the site
- introduced linking to the site
- fixed broken pictures and links etc.
Also worked with Google My Business:
- optimized descriptions, added photos
- prescribed a further work plan
Semantics and content
For several months, we have worked out the semantics in all areas of apparatus for procedures and technologies.
- new structure
- optimized meta tags (manual and template)
- wrote / rewrote / expanded / optimized texts
- improved the visual texts of product descriptions (lists and headings were implemented using symbols, boldness, indentation)
Working with a blog
After 7 months of promotion, we started working with the blog. Conducted an analysis of existing articles, as a result:
- collected semantics for existing articles
- rewrote, expanded articles for which there is potential for traffic
- implemented meta
- short, useless articles deleted
Every month we wrote articles for the blog, and also pumped them with links.
Before working with us (within 6 months), the client moved to another engine and did not set up a 301 redirect for most of the pages. As a result, broken links appeared. Therefore, 301 redirects were configured from such pages to the corresponding pages on the new site.
We analyzed the existing inbound links in comparison with competitors and found the following shortcomings:
- the site was partially promoted by low-quality links through the sape exchange (which, after leaving for another contractor, began to disappear)
- very high percentage of anchor links compared to competitors
- links were built only on 9 pages of the site
- very few links led to the main page of the site
- a small number of links from Ukrainian sites
As a result, we drew up a plan for the formation of the link mass, taking into account the above disadvantages:
- rejected bad links via Disavow
- increased the percentage of links to the main page
- on pages with a lot of anchor links – increased the% of non-anchor links
- increased the number of pages to get links
What links did you build?
- crowd links (forums, comments)
- article links from trust Ukrainian sites (mainly media) through exchanges and outreach (+/- 10 domains / month)
We made a bias on the quality of links, and not on their quantity.
For 15 months of our work on the site, search traffic has increased 11 times from 1.65 thousand users per month to 20 thousand
The number of requests in the TOP for today:
- for commercial pages it became TOP-3 55%, TOP-10 – 83%
- for a blog TOP-3 – 47%, TOP-10 – 82%
It should be emphasized that a good result was achieved not only by our work, but also by fast and high-quality interaction with the client:
- in addition to SEO, other channels were used – advertising on google, facebook, offline activity in the market, which contributed to an increase in brand traffic
- had good helpful product descriptions
- technical fixes were implemented quite quickly
- the client worked to improve his site
How do we see the development of the project in the future?
- Implement the Ukrainian version of the site
- Continue writing blog articles
- Improve website usability (especially for mobile)