Case on how in 12 months of SEO promotion it turned out:
- Increase search traffic 12.8 times
- 25% of requests from commercial pages are in the top 3, 73% of keywords are in the top 10
Unfortunately, access to the first google analytics account was lost, and therefore we can compare the current traffic with the data for the summer of 2019, and not since the beginning of work.
However, the first recorded traffic for this project was 3403 visitors per month – see proof here.
The first stage of work is October 2018 – July 2019. At this stage, most of the requests went to the top, and the subsequent growth was complicated due to the impossibility of implementing a number of critical edits.
The company returned to the second stage of promotion with a new website in December 2020, but after 3 months of cooperation, the work had to be paused due to the beginning of quarantine and complete paralysis of the client’s business, and the company returned to the next stage of SEO promotion in June 2021.
Client: Transtempo company – a carrier that specializes in international passenger transportation, primarily to the pages of the nearest foreign countries – Poland, Czech Republic, Baltic countries, etc.
On their website, you can select the required flight and immediately buy tickets for it.
And despite the fact that the site is smaller with a less popular brand than its competitors (EcoLine, Flixbus, Busfor and others), it was the ability to place an order directly on the site and good route coverage that allowed this site to compete with larger colleagues.
Task on the project
Getting positions in google Ukraine in priority areas. Targeted SEO traffic growth.
The main difficulties of the niche
- International competitors in a large assortment and a well-known brand
- There are sites of this brand in other domain zones, which also have their own Ukrainian-language versions. Accordingly, you need to think over the linking and linking of the language versions of the site through the hreflang tag
- The site has a massive and complex backend due to the booking functionality, so it was difficult and time-consuming to implement some technical changes
In the first month of work, we conducted a technical audit, in which we described the terms of reference for correcting a number of errors:
- some of the language versions were located on the http protocol, they were used for moving and gluing with the https version
- found and eliminated all duplicates of the main page
- found empty pages that did not carry any value, they wrote a technical assignment for revision or, in some cases, a redirect to another page
- found pages that give a 404 server response, set up a redirect to existing pages using them
- tagged pages in the blog were closed from indexing
- created new landing pages for a number of semantic clusters
- implemented a new content structure on landing pages
- wrote technical specifications for optimizing language versions – transferring to a subfolder, checking the correctness of switching languages and matching urls, adding hreflang tags
- implemented the correct breadcrumbs
- implemented micro-markup
- fixed errors in sitemap and robots.txt files
- implemented meta tags, both hand-written for priority pages, and template for the rest
- fixed errors in headers h1-h3 – before that either this tag was used to frame the wrong phrases, or the headers were not optimized, the hierarchy was broken on a number of pages, or there were several headers of the same order
- optimized the speed of the site
- implemented a linking scheme on the site
- added automatic generation of alt tags to images
- prescribed the logic and rules for leaving customer reviews on the pages
- optimized the display of sections in the menu, highlighted popular directions, removed duplicates and unimportant links from the top menu etc.
Semantics and content
For the first 3 months of work, we have collected complete semantics in all directions, routes and additional services, starting from the highest priority
Based on it, as well as after analyzing competitors:
- finalized the structure of the site, added new pages, in particular, added pages not only to routes that include directions from 2 cities, for example “Kiev-Prague”, but also to pages indicating only the city of direction, for example “tickets to Krakow”
- added new meta tags for priority pages, as well as a template implementation for the rest
- finalized the structure of landing pages, added new blocks useful for visitors
- optimized texts, wrote new ones for some pages
Working with a blog
After we finished collecting semantics and onpage optimization of commercial pages, we switched to working with a blog. Every month we formed a technical assignment for writing 5 texts for a blog, which included:
- semantic core for the article
- required volume
- structure and content comments
Before working with us, the site had a small number of links, but not very good quality. Therefore, our task was to build up the highest quality links, with a limited budget from the client’s side.
Therefore, we have chosen the following link building tactics:
- concentrated the purchase of links on 3-4 priority areas. After reaching the top by positions, they “moved” to the next pages
- for placing links, we chose pages “close” in the top, positions on which were in 10-20 places. So with a relatively small link mass, they gradually went into the top 10
- different types of sites were chosen as donors: from thematic forums to high-quality article sites, so that the link mass was as diverse as possible
However, during the second stage of work, we saw the disadvantages of this strategy. In particular, most of the forum links “disappeared” during the pause in the works, and the volume of the link mass decreased to almost the original data. However, high-quality article links still remained in the index, so this did not lead to a drop in positions.
In a clean 12 months of work on the SEO site, traffic increased 12.8 times from 3.4 thousand visitors per month to 43.8 thousand
The number of requests in the TOP for commercial pages top-3 25%, top-10 – 73%
It is important to understand that such a result for this project would have been impossible without work on business development on the part of the client. During this time, the client worked on the PR of his brand in other channels, made a new more convenient site and developed a route grid.
It is thanks to the joint efforts of the SEO team and the client that great results are obtained!